Episode 57

 Charlotte was amongst the crowd in the gambling house, but now that she was the center of the uproar, Dietrich would not have any choice but to notice her. 


Time had passed by and Charlotte looked much more beautiful than when I first saw her.


‘I think she’s about the same age as Dietrich.’


The bright silver hair and dark brown eyes that seem to contain the autumn forest were definitely that of the heroine’s.


Dietrich and her childhood were not mentioned in the novel, so my eyes glistened with curiosity.


‘Are you going to save her now?’


Looking back at Dietrich with my eyes still shining, he was talking to the man again.


‘Huh?’


Shocked, my mouth hung open.


‘Hey, the heroine over there is in trouble.’


Obviously, during this kind of situation, because you’re her future lover, bam! Shouldn’t you show up and save her?


‘Is it because the original work has yet to start?’


Since I didn’t know what was going on, I alternately looked between Charlotte, who was struggling as she was caught by a nasty man, and Dietrich, who was doing his job, and wasn’t bothered by the commotion.


“Dehurich.” (Dietrich.)


“What.”


“Are hyou not going to help her?”


“. . . . .Why me?”


Because later on that girl will save you, who was sealed by the protagonist! 


But I couldn’t say that, so I just shut my mouth.


“Dehurich is the manager of Saint-Hena.”


For that reason, Dietrich definitely saved me last time from being beaten up at the gambling house. (No baby girl, it’s because it was you.)


“I don’t have enough free time to care about personal disputes.”


I sensed a faint irritation in Dietrich’s cold words. I didn’t think he’s really going to help her.


‘Is this really okay?’


Even though she looked like an ordinary girl, Charlotte was a saint who possessed strong divine power. There’s a possibility that she will overcome this difficulty on her own.


“Ouch!”


But I was forced to get up from my seat at the rough handling of the man, holding Charlotte’s long hair.


‘Aura, if only the aura can be secretly controlled. . . . . “


Rage can blind people. The aura of the man who captured Charlotte lost his temper and was shaking violently. 


I clenched my fist and observed the man’s aura calmly. 


I wanted for the white smoke, that was hidden more than a shadow, to rise from the man from head to toe and he immediately put down Charlotte he was dangling in the air. 


“Hmm. Looks like I got too excited.”


‘Phew.’


The man spoke in a calm voice, regaining his reason.


“Things will be difficult if there was a scratch on your face should I sell you as a slave.”


What?


What was that crazy guy saying? I was surprised by what he said and stumbled forward.


When the agitation had subsided, the man rationally thought of selling Charlotte. 


“I think it’ll get me more money than the money I’ll receive if I take you to the temple.”


Charlotte couldn’t believe what he said too that she raised her voice. 


“What? What are you talking about! If I win the bet, you decided to take me to the temple!”


“Oh man. Are all southerners like you, who don't know how this world works?”


The man jeered and grabbed Charlotte’s chin, lifting it to look through every corner of her face.


“Who would come and go out of this place without fear? Even a vow would be useless in this place.” 


I was restless at the sight of Charlotte caught in a critical situation because of me.


‘What should I do?’


“. . . . . You are!”


At that time, Charlotte looked around, recognized me and pointed her finger at me. She scowled and raised her voice.


“Her! Take her too, then!”


‘Huh?’


She implored the man who wasn’t aware of my existence.


“Don’t you think selling that girl will make money, too?”


‘What did she say?’


It was a remark full of signals for help. I was dumbfounded and couldn’t avoid her pointing finger and I could only let out a wry smile. 


“Hmm? What’s this? We have another item here?”


This man didn’t even regard people as people.


Only then did the man find me standing blankly, just a short distance from the crowd, and then his big mouth tore into a wide laugh.


“I’m very lucky today.”


He grabbed Charlotte’s nape and trudged towards me.


Of course, he couldn’t reach in front of me. 


“Move.” 


I didn’t  know when he got up, but Dietrich hid me behind his back and blocked the man.


“What the hell’s with this kid?”


“Don’t make me say it twice.”


Despite Dietrich’s warning, the man did not stop walking.


“Why are there so many children today?”


Once again, as his arms shook violently as though he couldn’t control his anger, Charlotte bent and grabbed his forearm.


“Jacksen! Don’t do this here.”


“What? Owner, what’s with this kid?”


“He is the Young Master of Lagrange.”


The owner of the bar Dietrich was talking to earlier stepped up and stopped the man.


The situation was easily abated by his mediation even though he did not use his shadow ability like last time.


‘If you were going to help, you could’ve helped earlier.’


I glared at the middle aged man and approached Charlotte whose head was lowered to the floor as if guilty. 


“. . . . . Are you okay?”


She glared at the man with tears falling from her eyes for being treated unfairly. And then, she opened her mouth.


“Sorry. I remembered you were a child from Lagrange. I didn’t think he would touch you.” 


Actually, Charlotte’s judgment wasn’t wrong so I wasn’t really upset.


‘Although, I’m beginning to doubt the morality of the heroine a little bit.’ 


“I have to go back to the temple. I figured out what the prophecy meant. But, of all things, my wallet was stolen.”


What she said reminded me of a scene from the original.


‘At that time, <<It’s a reward for finding my wallet.>>’


It was the first thing she said after breaking Dietrich’s seal. Although it wasn't shown in the novel, that line hinted that their relationship wasn’t short.


‘Then, that means Dietrich originally helped Charlotte.’ 


Why didn’t he help her?


I turned to Dietrich, who still seemed to have no interest in her.


He approached me and reached out without looking at Charlotte's side at all.


"That's why I said it was dangerous."


“Dehurich.”


I politely held my palms out instead of accepting Dietrich’s hand.


‘Because this part getting twisted would not be good.’


If we didn’t help Charlotte now, she might not release Dietrich's seal later. 


As if he didn’t know what my little opened palms meant, he raised a brow.


I gulped and struggled to open my mouth.


“Money. . . . .”


“What?”


“Pocket money.”


This was something I have never even said to my real brother. I couldn’t bear to look at the ridiculous look he’s giving so I rolled my eyes around.


"You followed me and made a fuss, and now you're even asking for money."


“. . . . . You’re not gonna give me?”


He might not give it.


The relationship between Dietrich and me right now has been distant. 


“Because Dahya is poor. . . . .”


However, when I added that in a timid voice, Dietrich let out a laugh as if it was absurd.


“How much do you need?”


At Dietrich’s question, I glanced at Charlotte who sat next to me. She mouthed, 


‘Thirty Shillings.’


I lifted three fingers in front of Dietrich. He cocked his head to the side and searched his pocket.


“Three Blois should be enough.” 


I shook my head hurriedly at what he muttered.


“Huh? N-No! Thirty!”


Thirty Shillings would do!


As I rushed to make an X sign with my hands, Dietrich roughly opened the bag that the man brought earlier, and spilled its contents on the floor. 


Shhhk.


To prove that my prediction was right earlier, a bundle of bills filling the bag spilled on the floor.


“. . . . .”


“If that’s insufficient, I’ll bring more.”


“How much is that?”


“50 Blois.”


The money was large enough to make all the noisy people here and there quiet down.


I looked at Dietrich, looking unimpressed at the money on the floor, with my mouth agape.


‘What crazy things are you doing now?’


Why was he suddenly bragging about his money here? 


As I looked back to the people who were hesitating to pick up the bills that had been blown away by the wind, I bent my waist.


“. . . . . Thirty Shillings.”


“What?”


“Thirty shillings would be enough. . . . .”


I picked up the pile of bills scattered on the floor and handed them to Charlotte.


“This went a little over thirty shillings, Sharote. I hope hyou get back to the temple safely.”


In the bar that turned deadly quiet, I moved busily by myself, picking up the bills.


Dietrich didn’t stop me and watched with his one hand in his pocket.


‘Just in case someone doesn’t think you’re a villain, just look at his cheeky attitude.’


Fortunately, no one ran for the bills thanks to the bar owner's warning that Dietrich was the Young Master of Lagrange.


‘I think I picked up quite a lot.’


I sighed deeply and put the collected bills back in the bag. 


“Don’t pick it up.”


“Why?”


“Because Dahlia is not poor.”


Was it so bad to say that Dahlia was poor? I pouted at him and didn’t respond.


----

Sorry for the late upload. Happy New Year, everyone!


(Your comments/thoughts fuels our inspiration. If it's not too much to ask, please do leave some. ^_^)



Comments

  1. Thanks for your update! And happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update and happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, dietrich really holds a grunge lol
    i guess anissa clinging to others because of their gifts/money had more of an impact on him than he thought

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Side Story 3: Ruby and Shire

EPISODE 181 (end)

Side Story 2: Damon 1